: Office Manager
: Vavuniya, Sri Lanka
: Full time – Tuesday to Saturday. (On Saturdays, office hours shall be 12.00 PM to 08.00 PM)
: Rs. 30,000 plus expenses (Negotiable)
: 20 days holiday p.a. plus all public & bank holidays. We also have regular social activities & genuinely pride ourselves on having a supportive & friendly culture.
UTHA is registered as a Non Profit Organisation in England and Wales, Reg No : 09369604
What Do We Do
: We do only Charity Work
Where We Do This
: War affected North and East part of island of Sri Lanka
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Key skills for office managers
- Managing UTHA IT Package, including email, spreadsheets and databases.
- Managing filing systems.
- Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management.
- Recording office expenditure and managing the budget.
- Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment.
- Organising and chairing meetings with beneficiaries and other stakeholders, preparing the agenda and taking minutes, overseeing the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction.
- Implementing and promoting equality and diversity policy.
- Writing reports for senior management and delivering presentations.
- Responding to beneficiaries enquiries and complaints.
- Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed.
- Attending conferences and training.
- The management of social media.
- Any other duties assign by UTHA.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills - Both English and Tamil
- IT skills
- Problem solving skills
- Graduate or Equivalent preferable but not mandatory.
The successful applicant will become a valued member of UTHA team and the role will include
- Act as a Project Manager of the events organised by UTHA.
- Do the field visits in North and East. So, candidate will need to travel around North and East. Fuel charge and other expenses of travel will be reimbursed.
We are looking for hard-working and proactive individuals who are able to use their initiative and develop their own caseload. A positive attitude and an active interest in these areas of charity activities are essential.
How to apply
Applications should be made by way of a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org